Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #8 and Colour my Heart challenge.

Another card to share, this time two challenges in one card.  The sketch is from the atlantic hearts challenge sketch-8 and I used color my heart color dare where we are challenged to use Close to my Heart colours smoothie and topiary.  Now topiary is not a colour I go to quickly, even though it is a lovely shade of green, smoothie is a more used colour for me.  To pair the two up was inspiring and a challenge.   Here is the sketch we were challenged to use: 

And this is my creation using this sketch and the above mentioned colours....
I could not think of any patterned paper that I had in topiary, so I decided to create my own pattern/background paper.  Using a 4 1/8 X 5 3/8 " piece of cardstock I ran it through my cuttlebug with the textile folder, then I sanded the raised areas and then wiped the smoothie ink pad over the top.  Voila my own background paper.  The two decorative circles were cut with our Cricut Artiste cartridge, cutting the smoothie pieces 1/4 inch larger than the white to give me my layers.  The stamps used are from the D1530 stamp set that is one of three that come exclusively with the cricut cartridge.  I used second generation inking on the banner to give it a softer look and the Celebrate Love is from the B1418 Love Doily set.  All items are available to order through my web site linked on the right hand side of this blog.  Enjoy!

Comments