Sunshine and Warm Breezes March Blog Hop

Sunshine and warm breezes, I think we are all ready for some of that, esp. since tonight the temperature is expected to drop again. This blog hop was for CTMH consultants that are fed up with winter, and needed something to brighten their day and that of others by sharing.  If you have come from Michelle S at mycreationswithmichelle, you are at the right spot.  Yes, I know this is my second blog hop today, what can I say, I needed some creating time.

This past February we were blessed to be able to travel to Varadero, Cuba with friends, it was their first trip, our second to this wonderful spot on the earth.  A full week of nothing to do but what we wanted, rest and relaxation and a few (or more) pina coladas.
To help remember this wonderful week away I started my first layout to record the memories of the week: 

I made use of our Artbooking Cricut cartridge and played.  The sketch I used is this one from scrapysketches I had pinned it on pinterest a few weeks back and it kept niggling in my mind that this would be a fun one to do.



Here are the single pages, the white piece of paper is for journalling still to come.


Below is a close up of the palm tree that is 3-D, I cut the leaves out twice and popped them up to give them some dimension.  The suns shining on the banner are the same sun shape from the cricut cartridge cut at half-inch size and strung on white bakers twine.  I just love our camera cut out on the cartridge as well as the numbers for the year.  My title of CUBA was a photo of how the grass was marked on the resort at one location that I discovered by accident and then had to photograph.   The background paper is from our new Skylark paper pack.  The punched borders were done using my EK Success border punches in my tool box.

Your next stop on our hop is Chris Robertson from chriscreativelife, if you would like to start at the beginning you can go to Brae Montgomery's site here and she will have the whole list of hoppers.  Happy hopping and hoping that this will brighten your day as we wait patiently for spring and warmer temperatures.

Comments