Atlantic Heart 100th sketch challenge using the Color my heart color dare #134

More play time, woo hoo! I am trying to create cards for a workshop on Friday night, I love challenges for the inspiration they give me. The colours for the colour your heart dare this week at first sounded challenging to me, but once I started playing I am pleased with the results.
Cotton Candy, Olive, Lagoon, Black and white daisy.


I also used the sketch from the 100th sketch from the Atlantic Heart sketch challenge.
,
I rotated the sketch and used a new to me technique for the background. I used a stained glass technique for the background.

You use masking tape ripped into smaller/thinner strips and lay them on your base, I then sponged olive, lagoon and cotton candy onto the base. Carefully peel the tape off of the base and you have the stained glass effect. I watched a video on you tube to see this technique and thought I would try it. The sentiment is from a new set in the next Seasonal expressions number 2, called Wavy Blooms, love the flowers and sentiments on this stamp set. This new Seasonal expressions will be available on April 1, you will love the new items being introduced in this catalogue. I used sequins from one of the other kits from CTMH to be the blossoms on the sketch. I am happy with this card.

Comments