January 2016 Cross Canada Blog Hop - Watercolours

Welcome to our January Blog Hop featuring Watercolor Creations. To purchase any of the items seen in our blog hop today, contact your local consultant to place an order.

We hope that you will take the time to leave comments on our posts, as we love to get feedback from our viewers....whether it was something that you really liked or some new technique that was used that you would like to learn how to do....by leaving us comments, we get to hear what you like, and what you want to see.
Thank you… now on to our hop!

If you have just hopped onto my blog, you can start here as this is a circular hop, but if you want to follow us across Canada then please start at the beginning and join Michelle S. at mycreationswithmichelle.blogspot.ca. If you came from Nicky of timelesscottage.ca then you are in the right place!

I had a night of playing with some of my supplies, I did a bit of a refresher on watercolour painting and different techniques, then set out to play. First I cut one of our 12 X 12 water colour papers into six pieces to make backgrounds and small pallets. Next I pulled out our paints,
aren't they beautiful, such bright colours. and so much fun to play with. Pulled out the brushes and two bowls of water, one for clean water and one for the dirty water when you clean your brush.

For my first page I put on the paint and then sprinkled salt on while it was wet, then let dry, the salt leaves little brighter spots after it dries you brush the salt off. This is what it looked like, it is a bit hard to see the effect the salt made, but it is there.

Next up was the rubbing alcohol dripped onto the wet paint. It makes a cool effect.
 
For this card I layered the different blues and then dropped water drops on the wet paint. When it was dry I made this card up using some of our new thin cuts and coordinating stamps, such a fun set with lots of options for your own creativity.
I made this card a few weeks back, was not going to finish it, but some of my grand daughters loved it so I thought I would finish it and share it here. I was playing with the colormyheartdare and using the suggested colors from it a few weeks ago.
For this card I went through one of the rows of colours and layered them on the card, while the paint was wet, you crumple a tissue or two on it and put it on to dry partly, make sure to pull it off before it dries fully or it will be stuck to your page. This gives you a nice soft texture look on  your page.

This last set of backgrounds was the most fun....but very messy... splatter.....It makes a very interesting background, I am not sure what I will do with this but it was fun, to play with the colours.



Your next stop on the Cross Canada Hop is Carol of craftycarol55.
If you get lost along the way, you can head to Michelle S Blog, http://mycreationswithmichelle.blogspot.ca, as she has the complete blog list.


Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you to get creative using some of the designs, products and techniques seen along the way. We hope you will join us again next month when we will be feature Cardstock Creations . So mark February 15th on your calendars and hop along with us.

Comments